21.9.09

Ive always had a problem with writing; not so much the spelling part but more of a "what's-on-my-mind" sort of deal.
I figure that everyone at least once in their life stops to think "what is it exactly that I want to do?" not so much in the sense of career but more of a "life" dilemma to the point where your frustrated with routine and structure and just for once you want to get out and get a taste of what is considered liberty and freedom, to just be yourself without holding back, without having that conscious thought that what you're doing is bad or that you might regret it later.
It has come down to the point where we all talk about change; we want it; to see it, be apart of it. No one ever comes to conclude that we need to be the change we wish to see in the world, yes i know it sounds a little cliche but its a thought that haunts my everyday life; its brought up in school assignments, I see it on advertisements, its brought up in random conversations i have with my peers. We all long for it but as the saying goes 'actions speak louder than words' and i believe we could be those 'actions'.

Off the top of my head, since i was a child I've had a dream of becoming a professional ice skater. Throughout the years those dreams changed because i was introduced to a variety of opportunities. My mother always told me that she doesn't want me to be like her when i grow older; to hassle with work and rent. Shes the person that always gives me her hand when the rest of the world turns their back. I wish to make something out of my education and I truly believe that knowledge should be passed on and not just taught. For example: a n English teacher only teaching 'English' why not the history of English and all its aspects, or personal experiences that we can possibly reflect on. Goal: to make a difference for the better.

"Teaching is the profession that teaches all other professions" -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment